|Information About Coolangatta, Gold Coast
Coolangatta on the Gold Coast
The Gold Coast city of Coolangatta is located on the border of Queensland with New South Wales and, along with its sister city of Tweed Heads across the border, provides holiday makers with an popular place to stay on the Gold Coast. Coolangatta is conveniently situated just a few kilometres from the Gold Coast Airport and a leisurely 25 kilometre drive from all the action of Surfers Paradise. Coolangatta has a brilliant north facing beach that is popular with families, couples and surfing enthusiasts, as well as plenty of parklands for holiday makers to enjoy. There are lots of holiday accommodation and fully self contained serviced apartments in Coolangatta, all of which have resort recreational facilities to ensure that you feel right at home during your stay on the Gold Coast. One of the best things about staying in Coolangatta is that it is a relaxed holiday destination that is away from the noisy nightlife of Surfers Paradise but still has plenty of things for you to see and do both during the day and night. Within the middle of Coolangatta visitors will discover a wide variety of quality restaurants serving cuisines from all over the world, lots of cosmopolitan cafes, trendy bars, fashion stores and other shopping facilities. With many different places to stay ranging fron budget holiday apartments to luxury penthouse apartments the region of Coolangatta provides travellers with an excellent holiday spot that keeps people coming back time and time again.
Oaks Calypso Plaza
The accommodation provided by the Oaks Calypso Plaza in Coolangatta comes in the form of 1 & 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments that are well equipped for corporate travellers, singles, couples or families for either a short or long term stay. Perfectly positioned in the heart of Coolangatta on the magnificent Gold Coast the Oaks Calypso Plaza features superior customer service and resort style facilities with luxurious, affordable accommodation in order to ensure that your next holiday is both comfortable and extremely enjoyable.
Address : 99 Griffith Street, Coolangatta, 4225, Gold Coast, Queensland
Ocean Plaza Resort
Guests who choose to stay at the Ocean Plaza Resort in Coolangatta will be treated to wonderful accommodation that is ideally positioned overlooking the beach. The Ocean Plaza Resort has a variety of self contained one, two and three bedroom apartments that have been luxuriously appointed with all of the modern facilities that you need to have an enjoyable holiday. This makes the Ocean Plaza Resort Coolangatta perfect for the family market or those people who want to enjoy a longer stay in spacious self contained apartment.
Address : 80 Marine Parade, Coolangatta QLD, Australia 4225
Points North Apartments
For the convenience of guests staying at the Points North Apartments the property is located between the beach and the main street with it's abundance of boutique shops, quality restaurants and cosmopolitan cafes. The Points North Apartments has a wide selection of self contained one, two and three bedroom apartments that have all been luxuriously appointed with in-room facilities that have been specifically chosen to ensure that your holiday is as relaxing as possible.
Address : 66 Marine Parade, Coolangatta, Qld, 4225
Kirra Beach Luxury Apartments
The fully self contained furnished apartments at the Kirra Beach Luxury Apartments are spacious and well appointed with all the latest conveniences that you need for a relaxing holiday on the Gold Coast. The Kirra Beach Apartments is perfectly set amongst tropically landscaped gardens opposite the patrolled Kirra Beach, which is an extremely popular place on the Gold Coast for surfing, swimming or simply relaxing in the sun. The resort also features a range of recreational facilities to keep you entertained during your stay in Coolangatta.
Address : 10 Douglas Street, Kirra, Queensland, 4225
Bella Mare Apartments
The Bella Mare Beachside Apartments has a wide variety of fully self contained 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments that are centrally located in the heart of Coolangatta. This great location combined with luxurious fixtures and fittings provides travellers with exclusivity that is hard to find on the Gold Coast. The Bella Mare offers a choice of accommodation to holiday makers with single level one and two bedroom apartments on ground and first floors or two level 2 and 3 bedroom villas on the second floor of the complex.
Address : 5 Hill St, Coolangatta, Queensland 4225
Map of Coolangatta Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Coolangatta
- If you are looking to have a relaxing holiday in Coolangatta you really need to to spend some time on the beautiful white sands of the Kirra Beach. The beach is patrolled by qualified surf life savers and is a popular place to with families, couples, groups of friends and international travellers. Along the beach foreshore you can can take a walk along the many walking trails, take a bike ride, go roller blading or have a picnic in Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Staying in Coolangatta you will be able to make the most of the waterways that surround Tweed Heads. Here you can either go boating, do a spot of fishing or even take a tour on any one of the Whale Watching boats that can take you out into the Pacific Ocean to get up close and personal with these large majestic animals.
- One of the most popular things to do whilst staying in Coolangatta is to visit the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Located just a short drive away along the Gold Coast Highway the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a place where you can enjoy exciting, interactive displays, presentations and come face to face with extraordinary wildlife in shows and encounters. The sanctuary has hundreds of native Australian animals on display in natural bushland and rainforest settings.
- The Gold Coast is a great place to learn how to surf and there is no better place to do this on the Gold Coast than at Coolangatta. This is because Coolangatta features a unique north facing beach which is ideal for people keen on learning surfing and first-timers who don't want the big waves. There are a number of different places that teach people how to surf and the majority of this businesses are situated along Marine Parade directly opposite the beach.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Coolangatta
- The main shopping precinct in Coolangatta is located near the foreshore along Griffith and Chalk Streets. Prominently positioned in the middle of Coolangatta this shopping strip has plenty of car parking available, as well as being home to a wide variety of shops including fashion boutiques, homeware stores, gift shops, trendy outdoor cafes, restaurants, cheap food outlets and even a supermarket for your every day needs.
- Coolangatta and the Gold Coast has some fine places to have a hit of golf including the Coolangatta and Tweed Heads Golf Course. This 18 hole golf course is situated in along the banks of the Tweed River in Tweed Heads South and provides players of all standards with a challanging but relaxing course that is open to the general public.
- Located on the corner of Wharf and Bat Street in Tweed Heads is the popular Centro Tweed Shopping Centre. This expansive shopping centre is open 7 days a week and has lots of car parking and a wide variety of stores selling all sorts of different things, such as souvenirs, gifts, homewares, clothing, shoes, boutique fashions and music. Centro Tweed also has plenty of places to eat, large department stores and a supermarket for your holiday essentials.
- If you are interested in greyhound racing then you can head across the border into New South Wales to the Border Park Raceway. This dog track has full oncourse TAB betting, first class amenities including alcoholic beverages, snack bar and children's play area. At the Border Park Raceway there is greyhound racing most Saturdays in a family friendly environment that everyone will enjoy.